Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Momma's Log December 25, 2015 (Kwrp)

It's mid afternoon on Christmas Day and I am in between feeling the elation of yet another Christmas success and kind of like I got hit by freight train.  Our two (very anxious, over excited) boys woke up 5:15am--which is pretty good for them (I think doping them up with Benedryl helped) (Just kidding--kind of). While Super Rock Star and I groggily drug ourselves out of bed, stumbling down the stairs to get the camera ready and lights on, I realized a harness and leash might have been a good idea to restrain our rabid boys as they seemed to be jumping out of their skin in anticipation on seeing what awaited them downstairs.  (Why don't they show this much enthusiasm when it's time to get ready to go to school?) This is what it looked like at 5:21am



It was SO much fun to hear them squeal in excitement and enjoy every gift.  They have not stopped playing all day.  Super Rock Star always takes such special care of me too.  He owns my heart and I love that he always finds special things that he knows I will treasure.  Here are my two prized possessions this year:

Some Antique Books to add to my library shelves ( I LOVE old books!!!)
AND a new Bobbsey Twin book to also add to my collection. 

I have always loved reading and two years ago my parents built us some beautiful shelves and installed them in a previously unused part of our home.  Now, this is our favorite space in our home and Super Rock Star and I have filled the shelves with all of the things we treasure and for me that is BOOKS!

I hope you and your family all have a wonderful and Merry Christmas and enjoy all of the things that makes this day so special--especially remembering that a tiny baby was born to be our Savior and THAT is the best treasure of all.  Here is the Christmas letter I sent out this year for those interested in reading how my family and I spent this past year. See you next year!


Dear Family and Friends,
Another year almost in the books and to my dismay my two boys keep getting bigger and older and so do I.  I will say though that I feel really grateful for the life we are privileged to live—so you won’t hear me complain too much J. Here’s the rundown for the Glenn family for 2015:
Tim
Job: Compassion International, USA Communications Director.
Hobbies:  Lead singer in local cover band SofaKillers, watching the Cowboys (please don’t talk to him about it—sore subject), wrestling, playing football and generally wearing out our two rambunctious boys, writing, going to “look but don’t touch” (antique) stores and garage sales with me and our boys, listening to vinyl albums for the first time in decades on a cool stereo we found at a garage sale and consistently giving me a hard time and teasing me relentlessly.
Likes: French fries, dark chocolate, anyone who beats the Broncos and Giants, and sitting in his big comfy chair enjoying our family room.
Dislikes: Too many meetings, breaking into small groups, and a dismal season for the Cowboys.
Highlights of his year: Being chosen to be the speaker for Compassion’s first chapel of the year—discussing the construction success of 30 school buildings in Haiti since the earthquake. Tim also traveled to Haiti in April to help a media crew do a documentary on the same subject. (You can watch the documentary at https://vimeo.com/149298814.) He also played A LOT of fun gigs with SofaKillers—including being the headliner for Briarfest (local festival) the Buddy Walk (fundraiser for Down Syndrome Association) and holiday parties for REMAX and the local NBC station, KOAA. He also made our boys summer by creating spy briefcases and coming up with several spy missions. They loved it! (And I think they honestly believe they are spies.) Tim was also excited to go for his first train ride on an old fashioned train in Georgetown, CO with me, the boys and my parents.
Jen
Job: Cleaning lady, chef, event planner, chauffer, nurse, and volunteer (stay at home mom.)
Hobbies: Reading, writing about my family adventures (check out my blog, But Wait I Have Something to Say at http://jenglenn.blogspot.com), going for bike rides and hikes, and being a groupie for a really awesome band called SofaKillers (I kind of have a crush on the lead singer.)
Likes: Dark chocolate, volunteering in my boys’ classrooms every week at their school, going to see movies on weekdays with Tim (because we can now), having a nice quiet home during the weekdays.
Dislikes: Our too quiet house with both boys in school all day, cleaning the toilets used by 3 boys, and Legos (because they are everywhere in our home).
Highlights of my year:  Going skiing with my mom in February (so much fun!), watching our two boys enjoy so many fun things and help them act out anything that comes into their wonderful imaginations, spending Labor Day weekend with my parents, sister and most of her family at Hermit Basin, the Georgetown train—loved seeing all 3 of my boys so happy, going on many school-related field trips to art museums, pioneer places, and plays , making Shark Boy costumes for Morgan and Grayson for Halloween.
Morgan
Job:  3rd grade, vacuuming, doing laundry, gathering trash, sweeping kitchen floor
Hobbies: Building amazing creations out of Legos, singing (makes up his own songs), playing with his brother, tormenting his brother, leaving his clothing and toys everywhere.
Likes: Stir-fried rice, pancakes Daddy makes for him, Nerds candy, Sprite, watching movies and TV, playing games on the iPad, and Sarina (girl from his class—yes, he has a crush!)
Dislikes: School, doing math homework, chores, picking up after himself, flushing the toilet.
Highlights of his year:  Landsharks (track racing for elementary schools), going to Barnum and Bailey Circus, taking Tae Kwon Do lessons, staying in hotels and swimming in their pools, visiting Grandma and Papa for 4th of July and setting off our own fireworks and swimming in “Grandma’s pool” (their local city pool), many visits from Grandma and Papa at our house, doing spy missions, going on the Georgetown train, and getting to be Shark Boy for Halloween.
Grayson
Job:  1st grade, vacuuming, doing laundry, gathering trash, sweeping kitchen floor
Hobbies:  Doing whatever his big brother is doing, playing with his big brother, tormenting his big brother, wrestling with his Daddy, telling long, drawn-out stories that always start with “Guys, hear this…”, giggling (has the best giggle you’ve ever heard), playing with his millions of stuffed animals.
Likes:  Everything.  He really does like everything and everyone, including school, my homemade spaghetti, all candy and cookies, Sprite, watching movies (and talking throughout them and hiding and squealing during any insinuation of a love scene), playing games on the iPad and Liberty (girl from his class. Who knew “crushes” started this soon?)
Dislikes:  When no one will play with him, green beans, being quiet, sleeping past 5:30am.
Highlights of his year:  Landsharks, going to the circus, playing baseball, swimming, visits to Grandma and Papas and when they visit us, doing spy missions, going on the Georgetown train, and being in 1st grade.
We would love to hear from each and every one of you and pray you will be blessed with God’s love, joy and peace for Christmas and throughout 2016! Merry Christmas!
                                                                        Love,
                                                                        Tim, Jen, Morgan and Grayson



No comments: